Welcome to Camp!
Camp Because I Said I Would
3483 McCament Rd
Walhonding, OH 43843
38 Miles Northeast of New Albany
Just an hour from downtown Columbus
Short Drive from Mt Vernon, Coshocton, Newark
Frequently Asked Questions
Checking In and Checking Out
Things to Do
Rules & Regulations
- Age Requirements:
- You must be 25 years or older to rent anything at Camp because I said I would.
- We promote a family-friendly atmosphere, so we ask you to be respectful and considerate of others.
- Minimum Stay Requirements:
- There is a 2-night minimum stay required on weekends.
- Holiday Weekends require a 3-night minimum stay.
- No decorations may be affixed to the walls, ceilings, and exterior surfaces.
- Confetti, glitter, and bubbles are also prohibited in the rentals.
- Smoking or vaping is NOT permitted inside any of our rentals, or in the hot tub.
- A $500 fee will be added to your bill if smoking was detected in any of our rentals.
- Please properly discard cigarette butts and ashes.
- Do not leave ashes or cigarette butts in the yard or on the deck.
- Malfunction of equipment:
- We do our best to make sure all amenities are in good working order.
- Occasionally, electronics, satellite dishes, and other mechanical equipment will malfunction.
- We will do our best to repair these items in a timely manner.
- Please report damage to facilities or equipment immediately by texting (208) 744-5684.
- Weather/Power Outages:
- Bad weather conditions are out of our control.
- In addition, occasional power outages or other "Acts of God" that are outside of our control will not result in a refund of any monies paid.
- We will do our best to make your stay comfortable.
- We will try to reschedule your stay within the same season/days of the week.
- Hot Tub:
- When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with excessive use.
- Use it at your own risk.
- We ask that you follow all guidelines and policies regarding the use of amenities to keep them functioning at peak efficiency.
- Our staff drains and replenishes chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening.
- Please do not add any other chemicals, fragrances, or oils to the spa. This may cause damage to the pumps and jets.
- Do not remove bromine dispenser from the tub as this is what sanitizes the water while you’re in it.
- DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER! Hot Tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons.
- Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so the hot tub will stay warm.
- Fireplace/Wood Burners:
- The fireplaces/wood burners can only be used Oct. – March.
- Outdoor Fire Ring:
- Do not leave any fire unattended!
- Please ensure the fire is out before leaving the fire ring area.
- Absolutely NO hunting of any kind is permitted anywhere on the property.
- Absolutely NO shooting firearms or guns on the property.
- This includes BB guns, pellet guns, bows & arrows, etc.
- Absolutely NO all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, or other recreational vehicles may be used on the property at any time.
- Only the use of motorcycles as a mode of transportation to the cabin may be used.
- Appropriate Behavior:
- Although CBISIW is located on 92 acres, please respect other property owners/neighbors in the area.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TRESPASSING on adjoining properties!!!
- We have designed and furnished all our rentals with the highest quality materials and amenities.
- We expect that our guests will respect the inside, outside, and surrounding property always.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or excessive cleaning needed during your stay.
- If you notice any problems upon checking in, please contact the Camp Director immediately to avoid any damages being charged to your account.
- Lake Rules:
- The lake is available from dawn to dusk.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- You are required to wear a life vest for all water activities.
- You are welcome to use the equipment if you do not abuse it.
- Please keep the paddles with the canoes, not strewn around on the beach.
- Do not take boats into the fountain area.
- Do not hang, sit, or stand on fountains.
- Do not turn over boats or the floating dock.
- We do not have a lifeguard on duty, so it is the parent’s responsibility to make sure that their children are safe.
- Do not leave trash or cigarette butts on the ground - this is littering!
- You will find a large trash can located on the front of the beach area.
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Walking Trails:
- The walking trails are open from dawn until dusk, please enjoy at your own risk.
- Phone service:
- Verizon is the best mobile provider in this area.
- If you are worried that you will not be able to get service, you can leave the emergency text number with family members in case of an emergency. (208) 744-5684.
We highly recommend that you map your directions to our location. Some GPS systems do not work well in the country.
Camp Because I Said I Would
3483 McCament Rd
Walhonding, OH 43843.
We realize that there are many rules and regulations, but they are necessary for us to continue to provide a nice, safe family destination for many years to come. Thank you for understanding and choosing Camp Because I Said I Would