Welcome to Camp!
Camp MapDownload this handy map ahead of your stay and use it as your definitive guide to getting around Camp because I said I would!
Rental AgreementThe Camp because I said I would Vacation Rental Agreement defines the terms of all guests to the property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Checking In and Checking Out
Things to Do
Rules & Regulations
- Age Requirements:
- You must be 25 years or older to rent anything at Camp because I said I would.
- We promote a family-friendly atmosphere, so we ask you to be respectful and considerate of others.
- Please be advised the Camp Director resides on-site.
- Minimum Stay Requirements:
- There is a 2-night minimum stay required on weekends.
- Holiday Weekends require a 3-night minimum stay.
- No decorations may be affixed to the walls, ceilings, and exterior surfaces.
- Confetti, glitter, and bubbles are also prohibited in the rentals.
- Smoking or vaping is NOT permitted inside any of our rentals, or in the hot tub.
- A $500 fee will be added to your bill if smoking was detected in any of our rentals.
- Please properly discard cigarette butts and ashes.
- Do not leave ashes or cigarette butts in the yard or on the deck.
- Malfunction of equipment:
- We do our best to make sure all amenities are in good working order.
- Occasionally, electronics, satellite dishes, and other mechanical equipment will malfunction.
- We will do our best to repair these items in a timely manner.
- Please report damage to facilities or equipment immediately to the Camp Director or text (208) 744-5684.
- Weather/Power Outages:
- Bad weather conditions are out of our control.
- In addition, occasional power outages or other "Acts of God" that are outside of our control will not result in a refund of any monies paid.
- We will do our best to make your stay comfortable.
- We will try to reschedule your stay within the same season/days of the week.
- Hot Tub:
- When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with excessive use.
- Use it at your own risk.
- We ask that you follow all guidelines and policies regarding the use of amenities to keep them functioning at peak efficiency.
- Our staff drains and replenishes chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening.
- Please do not add any other chemicals, fragrances, or oils to the spa. This may cause damage to the pumps and jets.
- Do not remove bromine dispenser from the tub as this is what sanitizes the water while you’re in it.
- DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER! Hot Tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons.
- Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so the hot tub will stay warm.
- Fireplace/Wood Burners:
- The fireplaces/wood burners can only be used Oct. – March.
- Outdoor Fire Ring:
- Do not leave any fire unattended!
- Please ensure the fire is out before leaving the fire ring area.
- Absolutely NO hunting of any kind is permitted anywhere on the property.
- Absolutely NO shooting firearms or guns on the property.
- This includes BB guns, pellet guns, bows & arrows, etc.
- Absolutely NO all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, or other recreational vehicles may be used on the property at any time.
- Only the use of motorcycles as a mode of transportation to the cabin may be used.
- Appropriate Behavior:
- Although CBISIW is located on 92 acres, please respect other property owners/neighbors in the area.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TRESPASSING on adjoining properties!!!
- We have designed and furnished all our rentals with the highest quality materials and amenities.
- We expect that our guests will respect the inside, outside, and surrounding property always.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or excessive cleaning needed during your stay.
- If you notice any problems upon checking in, please contact the Camp Director immediately to avoid any damages being charged to your account.
- Lake Rules:
- The lake is available from dawn to dusk.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- You are required to wear a life vest for all water activities.
- You are welcome to use the equipment if you do not abuse it.
- Please keep the paddles with the canoes, not strewn around on the beach.
- Do not take boats into the fountain area.
- Do not hang, sit, or stand on fountains.
- Do not turn over boats or the floating dock.
- We do not have a lifeguard on duty, so it is the parent’s responsibility to make sure that their children are safe.
- Do not leave trash or cigarette butts on the ground - this is littering!
- You will find a large trash can located on the front of the beach area.
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Walking Trails:
- The walking trails are open from dawn until dusk, please enjoy at your own risk.
- Phone service:
- Verizon is the best mobile provider in this area.
- If you are worried that you will not be able to get service, you can leave the emergency text number with family members in case of an emergency. (208) 744-5684.
We highly recommend that you map your directions to our location. Some GPS systems do not work well in the country.
Camp Because I Said I Would
3483 McCament Rd
Walhonding, OH 43843.
We realize that there are many rules and regulations, but they are necessary for us to continue to provide a nice, safe family destination for many years to come. Thank you for understanding and choosing Camp Because I Said I Would